CHAMPIONS RETREAT ANNOUNCES SECOND ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT BENEFITTING BIRDIES FOR THE BRAVE
Evans, GA. – Heritage Golf Group, a boutique owner and operator of premier private, resort and daily fee golf properties across the U.S., is proud to announce that Champions Retreat will host a Golf Tournament benefitting Birdies for the Brave® on Monday, November 7, 2016. This year’s event marks the second anniversary of Champions Retreat Golf Tournament benefitting Birdies for the Brave. The charity provides much-needed support to members of the United States Armed Forces and their families and is a primary element of Heritage Golf Group’s philanthropic endeavors. Since 2008, Heritage Golf Group has raised over $3 million for Birdies for the Brave home front groups.
WHEN: Monday, November 7, 2016 10:00am – Registration & Range Open 11:00am – Opening Ceremonies & Announcements 12:00pm – Shotgun Start on Bluff & Island Courses Immediately Following Play – Dinner & Awards in the Grille House
WHERE: Champions Retreat | 37 Champions Parkway | Evans, GA 30809
WHAT: Champions Retreat will host a 4-person team including active duty military scramble tournament. There will be an official send-off of the players starting with the Opening Ceremonies and Announcements followed by the National Anthem and ending with a shotgun start at 12:00pm. Representatives from Birdies for the Brave home front groups will be on-hand to share personal stories and experiences. Champions Retreat is still accepting direct donations to home front groups.
WHY: Proceeds from this event benefit military home front groups that are supported by PGA TOUR players, including:
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation (www.specialops.org)
- Homes for Our Troops (www.hfotusa.org)
- Navy SEAL Foundation (www.navysealfoundation.org)
- Operation Homefront (www.operationhomefront.net)
- Military Warriors Support Foundation (www.militarywarriors.org)
- Green Beret Foundation (www.greenberetfoundation.org)
- United Through Reading (www.unitedthroughreading.org)
- K9s For Warriors (www.k9sforwarriors.org)
- Feherty’s Troops First Foundation (www.troopsfirstfoundation.org)
- Operation Shower (www.operationshower.org)
- Disabled Sports USA (www.disabledsportsusa.org).
CONTACT: Excellent photo and interview opportunities are available. For more information or to confirm your coverage of the event, please call General Manager, Cameron Wiebe at (706) 854-6999 or email Cameron@championsretreat.net.
Download the Press Release here.